How to streamline self-registration and enrollment payments

How to streamline self-registration and enrollment payments

by Robert Felix -
Number of replies: 1
There is ever-increasing competition for online courses and a recent survey showed that 58% of online transaction fail to complete. For years I have been manually registering students after they pay a fee on my web site. But as I have added more and more courses, I needed to automate the process and so set up self-registration along with the PayPal plugin. After doing this, there has been a large drop in average enrollments, although the number of people coming to the web site has remained the same.

From the perspective of a new student, they now need to complete their registration, confirm their email, and then log in and then make their payment, going through the checkout process. For a returning student, they need to remember their username and password, or else go through the password recovery process, and then go through the enrollment checkout process.

It looks like we are dropping a large percentage of potential enrollments from this cumbersome process - if only prospective students could register and enroll with one click! But there must be a way to streamline the process.

I would like to hear from others who are facing the same situation.
Thanks in advance!
Robert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Felix

Re: How to streamline self-registration and enrollment payments

by Tarek Loubani -

Hi Robert,

We are trying to achieve the same thing in our system using enrollment and waitlists. Indeed, it's cumbersome to expect both registration and enrollment as separate processes.

I've searched without finding any way to make this happen. Please post back if you find a way to do this.

tarek : )