Need to unenrol students that never entered the course, have changed all courses to self enrol

Need to unenrol students that never entered the course, have changed all courses to self enrol

by Ron Griffith -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

Moodle Version: Moodle 3.0 (Build: 20151116) 
Enrollment Methods Involved:  Joomdle and Self Enrollment

Problem Explained:

I think I have a unique issue, I have looked everywhere for an answer so I am creating this post. We use moodle for continuing education and the site use to be configured so that when you purchased a package you were enrolled into every course included in that package. This was done using the Joomdle enrollment bundle method. Then I realized that was not the most efficient way to go about things. Now I have set the site up so that all courses have self enrollment option. This way when they use  "my courses"  they only see the courses that they have started instead of every course in there package. New customers are great and work just the way they are suppose to, it's the prior customers that can have up to 300 courses that they are enrolled in and creates the problem of finding the course they were just working on. It also creates users enrolled into courses they are never going to take, and they have to scroll through all 300 courses if they purchased the everything package (our most popular package) to find the course they were working on and this is if they can remember the name of the course.

Solution Needed:

I was hoping that there was a way using SQL statements to unenrol all users that have never entered the course, leaving all users that have entered the course as enrolled.

This would be great as a global statement but if it needs to be created for each course that is ok too. 

By unenrolling all users from any course that they are currently enrolled in but have never entered this would immediately fix my problems for all my existing users. 

And this way if they decided to take the course they would be greeted with the self enrollment page for the course. 

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -