Turnitin - EUL Agreement Error

Turnitin - EUL Agreement Error

by Haley Ngonadi -
Number of replies: 6

When I use the Turnitin assignment module for an assignment, the student is asked before submission to agree with Turnitin's End User License agreement. 

When using the plagarism plugin, at no point is the user asked to agree with Turnitin's agreement which means they end up getting an error that says the assignment wasn't submitted because the user has not agreed to the EULA. I'm wondering, where does the user agree to this if the account on Turnitin was created via Moodle?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Haley Ngonadi

Re: Turnitin - EUL Agreement Error

by John McGettrick -

Clicking that link should give you a pop up to accept the EULA.

In reply to John McGettrick

by Haley Ngonadi -

Yeah, that works fine when I'm using the Turnitin module. There is no place the student is asked to agree if the assignment is just using the plagiarism plugin [not the Turnitin module].

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

We use the plagiarism plug in only and it does ask the kids to accept the agreement- 1 time per course though. Not per assignment in the course it seems 

In reply to John Provasnik

by Haley Ngonadi -

It does? Really? At what stage does it ask them to accept it? For some reason it doesn't show up for me at all. Is there a particular setting the assignment needs?

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You should submit a help ticket to Turn it In so they can further investigate with your account.

by Stephen Owens -

We use the TII plagiarism plugin, the EULA popup appears when a student adds a submission if they've not agreed to the EULA already. Once agreed to they won't see it again unless the EULA changes.

If they choose not to agree it will appear again when they next submit a piece of work

Average of ratings:Useful (1)