Restore process just spins

Restore process just spins

by BJ Carl -
Number of replies: 2

Hello my small university is new to Moodle 3.1 but not to Moodle and have encountering a restore issue.  I did a backup of a 3.1 course with multiple scorm packages in one section.  The backup process appears to go well but during the restore process the system just spins and spins.  I have to close the browsers to get it to stop.  When I log back in, I see the course but only the information prior to and including the first scorm package are showing in the course.  When I look at the scorm package only the zip file appears nothing else.  I have attached an image of the original course and one after the restore process.  I am not the instructional design person so I have no idea how the scorm package was loaded into the course or how it was set up.

Hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks,

BJ Carl

Attachment Orignal Moodle Course View.jpg
Attachment Test Moodle Course View After Restore Attempt.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to BJ Carl

Re: Restore process just spins

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are you sure you just aren't getting impatient.  If those scorm packages are really big, they might take quite some time to restore.  How long are you leaving it...

In reply to BJ Carl

Re: Restore process just spins

by Reed Sorensen -

I work with BJ and our issue ended up being related to using Microsoft SQL server as our database.  We found out that this is an open bug when using MSSQL.  The bug is MDL-34744. The solution for us was:

"To get around this, I modified \backup\util\dbops\backup_controller_dbops_class.php (around line 141&150), so that a real table was created/deleted, instead of using MSSQLs session based temp tables (just removed "temp" in the calls to dbman, ie
$dbman->create_temp_table($xmldb_table); becomes $dbman->create_table($xmldb_table);
and around 150
$dbman->drop_temp_table($table); becomes $dbman->drop_table($table);"

After editing the file we were able to create new backups and restore them without the process hanging.