Managing Forms on a new pluging

Managing Forms on a new pluging

by Manuel Antonio Rivera Socarrás -
Number of replies: 6

hello Comunity, I decided t write you because I am in my last year of my university carreer and I don't believe that i have so much time and I want present as my degree thesis a moodle plugin and integrate it on my enviroment virtual teach-learn of my university, in Cuba and I will try to explain to you, when I choose in a course "Add an activity or resource" the system shows an interface to choose the type of resource or activity and if I select, for example, the option Scorm package the system displays the interface , Redirecting to the url http://127.0.0.1/moodle/course/modedit.php?add=scorm&type=&course=2&section=0&return=0&sr=0, where I am allowed to select a file and add it, but what is not Is in which file I should program this functionality so that it appears the same with the plugin that I want to develop. I want do some like the pictures atachment. What you can say me please ? Thanks.

Attachment add a new activity or resource
Attachment modedit.php (1).png
Attachment section restricc access.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manuel Antonio Rivera Socarrás

Re: Managing Forms on a new pluging

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What do you want the plugin to do?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

In this moment  I want choose the activity "Fedora Moodle 2" (this activity was set above, it  is the second opcion that is seen) on firs windows that i show you and in the next  view appears  a section with a "Package File" and another with "Restricted Access" like the pictures above. My plugin is for connect Fedora Commons  with Moodle 3.1.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I am still not confident I understand your question but I will try to guess. You have some files for a plugin. Perhaps it is called fedora and you have them in a folder under moodle/mod/fedora

From your screen shot it is showing up as something that can be selected. But when you click on it it does not go to an editing form but you want it to go to a form similar to the one you have shown for SCORM.

I have just done some searching and I am guessing that fedora is 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_Commons

Which appears to be a Java based project. Getting php and java applications to communicate may not be straightforward and might require web services. This does not look like a trivial project.

In reply to Marcus Green

Is true, it is not a trivial project but I think it is something that  it cans be done, no matter how difficult. Marcus, I am developing a plugin that is in my moodle / mod / fm2 folder and there if I want it to click, just like the netendistes, take me to a form similar to the one shown in Scorm. If that's what I want to do.

by Marcus Green -

You will need a file called

mod_form.php

It will need to contain something like 

class mod_fm2_mod_form extends moodleform_mod {

public function definition() {

etc etc

Take a look in the mod_form.php of any existing mod plugin to see what is necessary and then take a look at the forms api documentation to see how you add elements to an editing form.

This 

https://github.com/moodlehq/moodle-mod_newmodule/blob/master/mod_form.php

May help