Download moodle mobile

Download moodle mobile

by Иван Петухов -
Number of replies: 3

Hi! I'm looking for the code of latest moodle mobile version. Am I write that i need to download it from here? https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile2 

So moodle mobile 2 has in it realises and accordingly Moodle Mobile 3.2.0  . So it would be comparable with my moodle cite 3.2 ?

I'm sorry for easy question, but I'm a new in moodle.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Иван Петухов

Re: Download moodle mobile

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

the moodlemobile2 repository you mention is the one used for development. It contains the code for the next release and it needs to be built using gulp in order to make it work.

We have another repository used for publishing the apps: moodlemobile-phonegapbuild. This repository contains the code of the last release of the app, and it's already built in the build files.

You can find more information in here.

The version 3.2.0 of the app will work fine with Moodle 3.2. Moodle Mobile 3.2.0 will still work with older versions of Moodle, but you might lack some of the new features. Also, older versions of the app work with Moodle 3.2, but in this case you'll also lack the latest features of the app. So in order to have the maximum number of features we suggest to use the latest version of the app and Moodle.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Damir Varevac -

Is there a tutorial how to create moodle app in android studio?

In reply to Damir Varevac

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Android Studio creates native Android applications. Moodle Mobile is created using PhoneGap /Cordova which produces apps that can run on both Android and iOS. If you want to create a native Android app you would have to write new code that called the Moodle web services API.