How do I get the workshop peer review grades published in the grade book?

How do I get the workshop peer review grades published in the grade book?

by Eva Behr -
Number of replies: 8

I have been all over your site and you tube watching and reading tutorials, and I can't seem to find an answer to this simple question.
My students have completed a workshop, peer reviewed a task using an imbedded rubric, and I can't get their assessment grades to publish over to the grade book.  The assessment phase has closed, now two weeks ago, and I can see that they have all reviewed one another, but still the grade column for that task is blank.
Please help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eva Behr

Re: How do I get the workshop peer review grades published in the grade book?

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Switch the Workshop to the Evaluation phase, calculate final grades, and then switch the workshop to the Closed phase.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Eva Behr -

Thank you so much for getting back to me!  I have struggling with this for weeks.

In trying to follow the directions, I have a few issues:

1. How do I switch from "Assessment Phase" to "Grade Evaluation" phase?  The assessment deadline was Feb 6th, and it has not switched automatically, and I don't see a way to force switch it.

2. I can see the "Grade Evaluation" phase, even though it is greyed out, and there is not a "calculate final grades" option.  There is 1) calculate submission grades, 2) calculate assessment grades, and 3) provide a conclusion to this activity.

3. When I select "provide a conclusion to this activity, it seems to take me to the workshop design page.

I appreciate your time and help with this issue.

Eva

In reply to Eva Behr

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"You as teacher switch phases when you are ready by clicking the lightbulb icon." - https://docs.moodle.org/en/Workshop_quick_guide

See https://docs.moodle.org/en/Using_Workshop for more information on how grading works.

The conclusion text you set in the workshop editing form, then appears to students when the workshop is closed - https://docs.moodle.org/en/Workshop_settings#Conclusion

In reply to David Mudrák

by Eva Behr -

Thank you so much for this information!  It has solved most of the problem.

The only remaining issue is the grade book push.  The submission grade is there, so I can see that the grades were pushed, but the evaluation grade, completed using the imbedded rubric, is blank.  Any ideas on how to push those as well?

In reply to Eva Behr

by Eva Behr -

Does the fact that students are paired, not in larger groups, affect this?

In reply to Eva Behr

by David Mudrák -

You need to let Workshop to calculate them first in the Evaluation phase. Once you can see them inside the Workshop, switch it to the Closed phase and the grades will be pushed.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Eva Behr -

Ok, it seems workshop is not calculating them, because I never see them inside the workshop.  I do not understand how to close the workshop and can see the submission grades (0) are pushed.  Is the fact that I have students paired an issue?  Each student only has one reviewer?  I really appreciate your help with this because I've had to enter them manually each week.

In reply to Eva Behr

by David Mudrák -

Can you send a screenshot of how the workshop main page looks to you when you are in the evaluation phase?