Upgrading Moodle All in one to Normal 3.2 Moodle

Upgrading Moodle All in one to Normal 3.2 Moodle

by Maverick IT -
Number of replies: 4

Hello All,  I have moodle (all in one) 3.2 version running  and I would like to create a new moodle  server 3.2  with XAMPP . But I have uploaded lots of courses and users in my existing moodle.How to take backup of those courses ,users and how to put them back in new Moodle .The all in one moodle package does not have an option of taking the backupds of all courses separately(database).

The reason for migrating the moodle version is , frequently i keep getting the error "APP crash" htdoc.exe etc...

Pls help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maverick IT

Re: Upgrading Moodle All in one to Normal 3.2 Moodle

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you need user data, the only way to do this is to restore one by one.  However, you can set up automated backups and backup all the courses to an external folder which would automate the backup part and then you would have them all in one folder to restore from.

I would start by letting us know exactly what the errors are, and what you are running your moodle site on? Both errors you mentioned do not sound like typical moodle errors. Perhaps you are better to fix those than try a rebuild...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Maverick IT -
Emma, thanQ for d prompt reply..

The moodle gets stopped intermittently. I am running it on Windows7 Virtual Machine with All in one installer moodle(3.2XXX).

Pls find the below mentioned screenshot and details of the error..

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             httpd.exe

Application Version:                           2.4.7.0

Application Timestamp:                     5294b878

Fault Module Name:                          php5ts.dll

Fault Module Version:                        5.4.25.0

Fault Module Timestamp:                  52f2b6d9

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Offset:                                00061582

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                  0a9e

Additional Information 2:                  0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:                  0a9e

Additional Information 4:                  0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

In reply to Maverick IT

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So this is a webserver issue, not a Moodle issue.   Has it always done this since install?  If not, something apparently happened to your php installation.  

So, you should be able to migrate or upgrade your current moodle installation but, if you are running on the same server, it is most probably not going to fix the issue.  You need to fix the server problem if you are going to keep moodle on it.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Maverick IT -

Yes, this seems to be the  webserver issue, however since this is a  moodle package ,hence all(php mysql moodle) in one package. I do not have any problem in moving the oodle to another server,  with complete production installation( windows +xampp etc).However, my only concern is i  cant afford to loose any course data.Pls guide me to taka backup of the data so that i can migrate it to new installation without any loss.