Does Boost mean the end of Clean?

Does Boost mean the end of Clean?

by Robert Volker -
Number of replies: 2

With the introduction of Boost, will Clean and More be released with Moodle 3.3+? Or is it being phased out?

Clean is on bootstrap 2 from what I've read, and Boost is on bootstrap 4 alpha. Is there a chance that Clean will be updated to bootstrap 4?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Volker

Re: Does Boost mean the end of Clean?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Very little/no chance that Clean will get updated to BS4 - but neither are there plans to remove Clean/More in the short term (that I'm aware of) and when they do get removed from core, they will move to the plugins database so they will still be available from there.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Robert Volker

Re: Does Boost mean the end of Clean?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi!

Bootstrapbase themes, together with its child themes Clean & More, will be depreciated in a few versions From now,  but there will be no reason to panic as these themes will be available to use on you server after they are depreciated.

By that time,  I am confident that Moodle's default theme, and we may well have a totally new default theme by then, will be more  polished and customisable, that you may not need Clean or More!

Cheers 

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)