We are running 3.1.4 and here is some testing I did:
1. open a site with an assignment that you know students have viewed (clicked on) but has no submissions.
2. Go to Administration - reports - course participation
3. select that assignment, from the list of activities and make sure the role is set to student. Keep all other filters at default.
4. The result is that everyone is a "no." Even though it's set to show all actions, which means it should show if someone has even viewed the assignment.
5. To compare, go back to administration - reports - logs or reports - activity report
6. Select the same assignment.
7. You'll see that it correctly shows "views"by students.
- Is the Assignment view in Course Participation supposed to show "clicks" or all interactions with the assignment?
- Is there something going on here or is this working as expected and we need to better define what a "view" is considered by the course participation report?