Boost - Core Icons for certain presets?

Boost - Core Icons for certain presets?

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello All,

I am wondering if I can change up the icons used for messages and notifications just for a certain preset and if so, how?  

I know I can change the icons by putting them in the proper folders in the folder.  I just thought the icons used in the theme pix folder are for the entire theme and not just a preset.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Boost - Core Icons for certain presets?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I believe you are right that the pix folder would apply to the entire theme Chris.

There might be a work around depending on how the icons are created/added.

You may be able to target (some) icons with a display:none (for example the forum icons in the navigation on this site might be targeted with something like img[title="Forum"] {display:none;}. You would then have to find a way to add the new icon in your preset, possibly as something like (continuing the same example) a[title="Forum"]::before {css to add the new icon as a background image here}. You might also need some padding to give the icon some space having put a display:none on the original image.

I haven't tested this, but I think it would work - I've done something similar in the past (courtesy of work previously done by Gareth) when I was replacing image icons with fontawesome ones in a theme.

Richard