Radio Buttons Alignment

Re: Radio Buttons Alignment

by William Lu -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Look like you are using table in the Add template. 

Please check that the right column is wide enough, or the left column is not pushing the right column.

Better to remove all table code.

In reply to William Lu

by Kieran S -

Thank you very much for your help, I've set a custom width for the right hand column and that's fixed it.

How would I go about getting answers that are images to appear in the View List and View Single screens? If I were to do this, when these were exported to a csv how would the answer's appear?

In reply to Kieran S

by William Lu -

Hi Kieran,

The csv file won't include images, nor files.

Please attach your preset here, then I will help you to get it done.

In reply to William Lu

by Kieran S -

Hi William,

In that case images won't be an option. Would it be possible to be able to change the font colour of answers that are shown in the view list/single tabs?

Here is my Single template

##user## ##userpicture## ##timemodified##

<div class="defaulttemplate"><table class="mod-data-default-template ##approvalstatus##">

<tbody><tr>

<td class="template-field cell c0">Describe the main components of a balanced diet needed to keep the body healthy: </td>

<td class="template-token cell c1 lastcol">Describe the main components of a balanced diet needed to keep the body healthy</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="template-field cell c0">Define the term ‘malnourished’ and give examples of how this might happen: </td>

<td class="template-token cell c1 lastcol">Define the term ‘malnourished’ and give examples of how this might happen</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="template-field cell c0">Outline some possible consequences of malnutrition (including Type 2 diabetes): </td>

<td class="template-token cell c1 lastcol">Outline some possible consequences of malnutrition (including Type 2 diabetes)</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="template-field cell c0">Explain how a person’s mass is affected by the energy content of the food they eat and the energy expended (used) by the body, and how exercise affects energy expended: </td>

<td class="template-token cell c1 lastcol">Explain how a person’s mass is affected by the energy content of the food they eat and the energy expended (used) by the body, and how exercise affects energy expended</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="template-field cell c0">Describe how the metabolic rate (the rate at which chemical reactions in body cells are carried out) is affected by activity and by the proportion of muscle and fat in the body: </td>

<td class="template-token cell c1 lastcol">Describe how the metabolic rate (the rate at which chemical reactions in body cells are carried out) is affected by activity and by the proportion of muscle and fat in the body</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="template-field cell c0">Identify inherited factors that can affect health (e.g. cholesterol level or metabolic rate): </td>

<td class="template-token cell c1 lastcol">Identify inherited factors that can affect health (e.g. cholesterol level or metabolic rate)</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="template-field cell c0">Compare the health of people who exercise regularly with those who take little exercise: </td>

<td class="template-token cell c1 lastcol">Compare the health of people who exercise regularly with those who take little exercise</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="template-field cell c0">Evaluate information about the effect of food on health, when given data: </td>

<td class="template-token cell c1 lastcol">Evaluate information about the effect of food on health, when given data</td>

</tr>

<tr class="lastrow">

<td class="controls template-field cell c0 lastcol" colspan="2">##edit##  ##delete##&nbsp; ##export##</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</div>

In reply to Kieran S

by William Lu -

I'd like to try it for you. Please attach your preset here.

https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Building_Database#Exporting_a_preset

In reply to William Lu

by Kieran S -

Thank you, if it would be possible to have 3 different font colours based on the answers Yes, Unsure and No that would be great.

In reply to Kieran S

by William Lu -

Hi Kieran,

I checked your form and I am sure Moodle can:

1. Give you a colour depends on different answer.

2. Give an Analysis with the percentage of the same answer.

3. Export to Excel perfectly.

I've attached the backup file, you can restore it into your course and use it straight away.

Just a reminder, for the purpose of your form, Feedback is the best tool, not the database. To achieve the same effect as Feedback, it much harder and time-consuming with Database.

Please try it and let me know what is your thought.

In reply to William Lu

by Kieran S -

Hi William,

The issue with the feedback module is one of the criteria the teacher has asked for is that the student's can go back and update their answers and unfortunately with the feedback module if you go back and update your answer's it submits it as a new entry and keeps the old one.

In reply to Kieran S

by William Lu -

Hi Kieran,

If you restore the backup file as I attached, they won't be able do it more than one time. smile

I've set it up like this:

And if they try to click this same survey again, they will see this:

Please test it with a student account and you will know how it works.

Let me know if you not sure about this.

In reply to William Lu

by Kieran S -

Hi William,

We want them to be able to update their answers, but not for it to appear as a new separate submission.

In reply to Kieran S

by William Lu -

Hi Kieran,

You can delete their responses to allow them to submit once more. 

Do you allow responses to be seen by all students? If you are collecting student's info for staff use only, you can use Quiz or Lesson.

If you do want to work on Database, let me know, I can create it for you later. 

But, use Feedback/Quiz/Lesson is much easier for your list of Yes/No question type.

Are you using the 'Checklist' plugin? It is good for the Yes/No checking as well, and it allows users to update their answer any time.

If you add Choice activities for each of your questions and set the Choice as 'Yes/No/Not sure',  then, it will be easier for your teachers and students.