Moodle does not trigger email sending function for some users

Moodle does not trigger email sending function for some users

by Jensen B -
Number of replies: 3

Hi guys,

I did a lot of research but still cannot solve my problem. Here it is: Moodle does not send forum emails at some users.

In more detail: A couple of users do not receive emails from forum posts. The general mailing functionalities are working fine. Those users even receive email when uploading an assignment, yet they don’t receive forum post emails.

What we checked so fare:

·         Receiving emails is enabled for user accounts

·         It is not a problem with user’s mail client, since we changed email addresses

Moodle version is 2.7.3

We activated the email debugging functionality and used cron script for debugging. Here is the ouput showing sending email is not trigger for some users. As it is displayed below, sending function is not triggered for user 1539 and user 1525.

Maybe someone had a similar problem and can help me smile

Thanks in advance

... started 14:27:54. Current memory use 3.9MB.

Processing user 1539

Sending post 29515: Re: Test Neu

Processing user 1525

Sending post 29515: Re: Test Neu

Processing user 1291

Sending <pre>

SMTP -> get_lines(): $data was ""SMTP -> get_lines(): $str is "220 mail.XXXXX Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:36:54 +0100

"SMTP -> get_lines(): $data is "220 mail.XXXXX Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:36:54 +0100

"SMTP -> FROM SERVER:220 mail.XXXXX Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Thu, 26 Jan 2017 14:36:54 +0100

CLIENT -> SMTP: EHLO XXX.XXX.de

……

</pre>post 29515: Re: Test Neu

Processing user 1577

Sending <pre>

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jensen B

Re: Moodle does not trigger email sending function for some users

by Jensen B -
Any ideas? All help and guesses are more than welcome smile
In reply to Jensen B

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jensen,

Have you confirmed that the students in questions are both subscribed to the forum, and do not have their digest preferences set to daily digest?

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Lyons

by Jensen B -

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your post.
In this case both students are subscribed to the forum and they do not have digest preferences. To make sure that correct, I also check data base entries.

Are there any other reasons why send mail is not triggered?