Moodle 3.1 Question Banks...

Moodle 3.1 Question Banks...

by Tonia Malone -
Number of replies: 4

Greetings,

We went from Moodle 2.7 to 3.1 in the Fall. 

I just noticed on the doc's

"By default, teachers can manage only the questions in the context of the courses they are in. You can set up a role to allow teachers to share and manage questions on a larger scale."

In 2.7, wasn't the banks (pool) able to cross courses within the system? An instructor could access all the questions from all the courses they taught? 

If I am correct on how it was before, why would that change in 3.1?

So an instructor would need to export the bank from one course section into another course section. Wouldn't that double the questions? More space, more copies that can be different? 

How are you managing this on your campus? Did you create another role? I don't what a site wide bank for all instructors. Some don't want to share. Is there an option to allow faculty to see their bank in all their sections?

Thank you,

Tonia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tonia Malone

Re: Moodle 3.1 Question Banks...

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Tonia. I'm just moving your question into the Quiz forum where we can discuss it more there. Nothing has changed as far as I know in terms of the teacher access to the quiz bank from 2.7 to later. It might be that your teachers had different access previously? (For the information of others, here is the documentation on the Question sharer role.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think that is right. Nothing has changed, except, perhaps for the documentation.

Any documentation change would have been with the aim of trying to make things easier to understand, but that may not have been successfull.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tonia Malone -

Tim,

So how can I fix it?

I just had an instructor backup a quiz with the bank from one course and restore the quiz into her current course, but the bank isn't there.

We want the bank of questions so she can create a new quiz with that bank.

We also Exported the bank and imported it into the current course and the bank isn't coming over.

Any ideas?

I don't see any settings in the User > Permissions > Define Roles - "editing teacher" - we changed ours to instructor

I don't' see anything helpful when I search for "Question Banks" from the Administration block.

Thank you,

Tonia

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tonia Malone -

Mary,

Nice to see you (picture). I hope you are well.

I just saw your message. I will review your tutorial (link) and let you know how it goes.

Thank you,

Tonia