Enabling Self-enrolment in course defaults to Administrator user name and password

Enabling Self-enrolment in course defaults to Administrator user name and password

by Tanya Taylor-Cox -
Number of replies: 2

We're using Moodle 2.9. 

While doing screen recordings to demonstrate to staff how to enable the self-enrolment option in their courses, I discovered that my Administrator username and password are defaulted to and evident. 

I had created a new user and was logged in as that user at the time. This user had Teacher role only in the newly created course. 

Any thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks

Attachment Self enrolment problem.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tanya Taylor-Cox

Re: Enabling Self-enrolment in course defaults to Administrator user name and password

by C Behan -

Hi Tanya,

Your browser is doing that, not Moodle. A frustrating feature of Chrome!

Catherine

In reply to C Behan

Re: Enabling Self-enrolment in course defaults to Administrator user name and password [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tanya,

As Catherine mentions, the problem is caused by your browser unhelpfully filling in your username and password. The only thing you can do is carefully delete the info before saving the form.

The fix was rather complicated, so is only available in Moodle 3.2 (MDL-53048).