Mobile support in Moodle 2.6.3

Mobile support in Moodle 2.6.3

by Zoran Jeremic -
Number of replies: 6
Hi,

My institution is using customized Moodle 2.6.3. I've noticed that there is a difference in Mobile App if it is connected with Moodle 2.6.3 and Moodle 2.6.11+. In the first case, for example, discussion forums are not working.

Is it possible to fix and upgrade Mobile support, without upgrading whole Moodle instance?

Thanks,
Zoran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zoran Jeremic

Re: Mobile support in Moodle 2.6.3

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Zoran,

please try installing this plugin https://moodle.org/plugins/local_mobile that enhances the Moodle features for the app

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Zoran Jeremic -
Hi Juan,

This version doesn't meet Moodle requirements.

Plugin requirements

Zoran

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

the plugin has a different version for each Moodle major version, see

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=11911 for the 2.6 version

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Zoran Jeremic -

Hi Juan,

That is exactly the same version I already have tried and reported that I have the problem with. I've installed this plugin (version 2014060329) few days ago to two different Moodle instances: Moodle 2.6.11+ and to Moodle 2.6.3 that is used at my institutions, and it works in a different way. In Moodle 2.6.3 three types of activities are not working (discussion forums, chats and quizzes) and these work fine in Moodle 2.6.11+

Zoran

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Zoran,

that's very strange, maybe is an old bug in those versions.

Can you go to Administration -> Plugins -> Web Services -> Services, then open the list of funcitons included in the local_mobile service and check that in the Moodle 2.6.3 you see the same functions listed that in your 2.6.11?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Zoran Jeremic -

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your help. I made it work now after uninstalling/installing plugin again and synchronising course in mobile app. I initially thought these activities are not supported in older Moodle version so I didn't investigate enough.

Thanks,

Zoran