Admin mark activity/course as complete for a student

Re: Admin mark activity/course as complete for a student

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You're missing Moodle 3.4 - the feature for teachers to mark activities complete on behalf of their students comes with that (scheduled on Nov 13)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bill Wells -

Hi Mary,

Where can I find the feature for teachers to mark activities on behalf of students ? 

I have looked https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/Managing_activities with no success.

This is what I am trying to do - any help would be appreciated.

I am using Moodle 3.4.3

I have a course with 5 tests.

Each test is marked as complete when the student has passed the test.

The tests are the only items shown on the Completion Progress block which I am using on the course. 

I am importing 2000 student grades into a course.

I want to find a way of setting these students progress to match their grades, as a last resort I will need the time to manually input this data.

Many thanks

Bill 

In reply to Bill Wells

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello - watch this video

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bill Wells -

Thank you Mary,

I see I can download the activity completion report to Excel.

Is there anyway of modifying the Excel data and then uploading it?

If this requires an update to 3.5 then thats fine.

Bill    

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mark Whitesides -

Hi Mary,

This is a great added feature! I'm looking for a way for a Teacher to complete the Certificate activity for a student so that the notifications that are set in the Certificate activity are acted upon. In the Certificate activity settings > Issue options > upon Teacher completion of the activity (in the Activity completion report) The email that is set in the Certificate activity, Issue options "Email others" addresses, that address receives an email, and the "Delivery" set to "email", means the user will receive the Certificate in their email.

The only other way of doing this, that I know of, is to Login-as the user and click on the Certificate. 

Any alternative is welcome. Basically looking for a way for teachers to complete a course for students, where the teacher and student receive email notification upon that completion, and that the Certificate is made available, and/or emailed to the student, by this same action.

Thanks!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mark Jones -
Mary is at all possible in ver 3.6 of Moodle to mark a topic as completed as part of course completion? As opposed to ticking all activities inside the topic.
In reply to Mark Jones

by Mary Cooch -
I don't think it is possible to mark a topic as completed, no, only individual activities.