Is there a difference in notifications in added scheduler appointments

Is there a difference in notifications in added scheduler appointments

by David Carey -
Number of replies: 5

In recently added appointments in scheduler I am apparently not getting at least some notifications of the appointments, is this because I have got some settting wrong? 

I have made sure "notifications" is set to yes,

Would be grateful for any pointers - especially the obvious mistakes I might have made!

Thanks in advance,

David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Carey

Re: Is there a difference in notifications in added scheduler appointments

by David Carey -

Still not getting notifications from one scheduler despite having notifications switched on on all schedulers. Anyone any ideas?

In reply to David Carey

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear David

The setting you are using is correct. An e-mail should be sent each time that a student signs up for one of your slots, or cancels their booking.

Are you receiving any e-mail from the Moodle system (e.g., forum notifications) or is the problem restricted to Scheduler?

Also, which version of Scheduler are you using?

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by David Carey -

Dear Henning,

Thank you very much for your reply. The meetings are being added into the calendar and are being generated as messages to be sent out (I can see them as unread messages in the dashboard when I click on the little envelope tab on the top right hand side of the Moodle page, and they appear as messages at the bottom of the Moodle screen). 

However, messages are not being generated as emails on the College Outlook system as they used to be. As I haven't had a notification from a Forum I just put a message on, I now rather think it is a more general issue between the Moodle dashboard/messages/calendar on the one side and the outlook email system the college uses on the other, and not so much the scheduler specifically??

I shall have to ask my admin about the versions

Best wishes,

David​

In reply to David Carey

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, that seems like a general issue with Moodle's e-mail output which your system administrator needs to look into. Just a thought, have you checked your spam e-mail folder?

Additionally, you may want to check your notification preferences, and verify whether on-screen notification and/or e-mail notification is enabled for the relevant message types. (Click on your photo on the top-right -> Preferences -> Notification preferences.)

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by David Carey -

Hello Henning,

Yes, turned out to be a general issue with the mail server that Moodle was using, it is now pointing to a new one and normal service for emailing Scheduler notifications has been resumed - thanks so much for all your help Henning!

David