Upload multiple content on Database activity

Upload multiple content on Database activity

by George SP -
Number of replies: 4

Hello, I hope you can help me on this issue. I have created a database activity in which I want to keep all my colleagues with a photo some description and some paintings they have. Currently I am able to upload only one painting as a file, if I want to upload more I have to upload a zip folder. Do you know If there is a work around on this? I have made a research and I found that I have to change a parameter in a .php file but in this case only the last file that was uploaded will be shown. Could I use another activity instead of database? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to George SP

Re: Upload multiple content on Database activity

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi George,

If you really want to use the database activity, then you either are going to have to add more picture fields per database record, which I don't recommend, or just upload one picture per database record to one photo field.

Since you are the one keeping track of your colleagues may I suggest you use a Book resource. Make one page per colleague with notes and pictures. The text editor on each page does allow you to upload multiple pictures and of course any text you want. You could even do like I have and install Justin Hunt's new Snippet plugin and create templates to give a consistent look/layout to each photo on a page. I have been using Snippet to make HTML templates that give me the typical layouts that are premade for creating slides in presentation programs such as LO Impress and MS Power Point. 

In reply to AL Rachels

Απάντηση: Re: Upload multiple content on Database activity

by George SP -

Thank you Al for your response, it was really helpful I will use a book activity instead as it is more convenient in the way I want to do it

In reply to George SP

Re: Upload multiple content on Database activity

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If you are going to build a media gallery, try this plugin:

https://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=set&id=60

If you don't want to install a plugin, and just want to collect users' images, you can use the Glossary.

Glossary has several 'display format's. For your colleague, you can use "Full with author' format.

If you want to stay with Database activity, as AL suggested, use one files/image field per data entry. In the search template, make sure you have 'User first name' and 'Last name' fields, then make a search for your colleague's name, copy the search result and make a list of collection at the database description area. By this way, you can get a personal gallery similar to "Glossary- full with author"

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to William Lu

Απάντηση: Re: Upload multiple content on Database activity

by George SP -

Thank you WIlliam for your response, I will test it but I think Al's solution meet my needs