Challenges with setting up my site on MoodleCloud

Challenges with setting up my site on MoodleCloud

by ONYEKACHUKWU F. I. OKEKE -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everyone,

Please I do require help from the MoodleCloud administrators:

I am a very first time beginner and just completed the January online course Teaching with Moodle. I have tried repeatedly to set up my own site on MoodleCloud (free) but have been unsuccessful. I get stuck at step 3: verification code. No verification code has been sent to my cell phone.I am very sure that y call listing is not the problem as I have used the same cell number for over 10 years now and have never had any such problems with it.

Please is it possible to have this verification code e-mailed to me so that I can complete the set up process for my Moodle site? 

Thank you very much in anticipation of your prompt action.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ONYEKACHUKWU F. I. OKEKE

Re: Challenges with setting up my site on MoodleCloud

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Is your phone number on a ‘do not call’ listing and you need to contact your phone service provider to change your details (as mentioned in the MoodleCloud FAQ)?

In reply to Helen Foster

Thank you for your reply Helen. I did read through the MoodleCloud FAQ and no my phone number is not on a 'do not call' listing. Is it really not possible to have it sent via my e-mail?

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Onyekachukwu,

Please have a look at the instructions on http://mtnonline.com/dnd - it appears all MTN customers where put on a DND list some time ago. Our provider has confirmed the MoodleCloud sms were blocked by that system. Once the DND is turned off, you will have to ask for a new confirmation code from the moodlecloud.com site. If there is any issue with that, please use the contact system to contact us directly.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing you get your MoodleCloud site!

Mathieu

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

Dear Mathieu,

Thank you for your reply. I read through the instructions on the the Mtn link you gave and followed them. I then went back to the MoodleCloud site to complete the setting up of my site. However, I still encountered the same problem. That was yesterday morning.

I actually waited this long (Thursday) to send you this mail in the hope that I would receive a new verification code via a phone sms. Since that has still not happened till now, please I will be grateful if you can help sort this out.

Thank you.

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Onyekachukwu,

After contacting our sms provider again, I'm being told the DND status updates only once a day, so you might need to wait 24 hours after doing the change before it works (...it should have updated by the time you read this).

Good luck, once more.

Mathieu

Average of ratings:Useful (1)