Adding competency(s) to an activity or resource...

Adding competency(s) to an activity or resource...

by James Warren -
Number of replies: 4
Currently, the dropdown to add a competency to an activity or resource is optional. However, I would like to make that mandatory if possible. Is there an easy way to do that??

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Warren

Re: Adding competency(s) to an activity or resource...

by Joost Elshoff -
ምስሊ ናይ Particularly helpful Moodlers ምስሊ ናይ Testers

I don't know if you can make competency a required field in any activity or resource. IMO that would lead to undesirable situations where your teachers/instructors will just pick a random competency to be done with it, or don't use any activities altogether.

The way the competency frameworks are meant to be used, is through Learning Plans, that can be linked to cohorts or individual students in your LMS. At a course level, competencies might be useful to be linked to one activity, but not to others...

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by James Warren -

I think you're right. The more I've been using the system, the more I've come to this same conclusion.

Thanks!

In reply to James Warren

by Dan McGuire -

Once competencies are more widely understood, it won't be unusual, I think, that students will ask why we are doing this or that activity if it is not linked to a competency.

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Damyon Wiese -

Yes this is correct - and the course competencies page lists the activites each competency is linked to - so you can easily scan for competencies that are not linked to anything if that is important to you.