Fault-tolerant mode makes drag and drop boxes tiny

Fault-tolerant mode makes drag and drop boxes tiny

by Kevin Bleier -
Number of replies: 2

Hey all, working with Moodle 2.9 currently.  Had a few problems with drop zones becoming really tiny for students to drag correct answers to (can still make it work, but a bit annoying).

I've found that this only occurs when fault-tolerant mode is turned on for that particular quiz (which I personally like because for whatever reason we often have blank webpages in between questions when our wi-fi pops out on a device at our school ... so I like the feature of loading the entire quiz from initial access).

I took 2 screenshot pictures of the quiz in fault-tolerant mode (first one below) and not in fault tolerant mode (second one below) to see the contrast.  Any way to address this and stay in fault-tolerant mode?

fault tolerant

No fault tolerant

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Bleier

Re: Fault-tolerant mode makes drag and drop boxes tiny

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is clearly a bug.

We are not currently using fault-tolerant mode at the OU, so I don't have a very strong incentive to fix it, but hopefully it is a fairly simple JavaScript thing.

Would you be able to look in your web browser's JavaScript error console, and see if there are any errors there. Thanks.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Fault-tolerant mode makes drag and drop boxes tiny

by Kevin Bleier -

Thanks Tim, happy to help narrow it down if I can.  Still not savvy on the programming side.  I was working in chrome and hit F12 to bring up the console, didn't see anything on that side as I loaded a preview of the quiz in question with fault-tolerant mode enabled in settings.

Nothing either even as I drag some options to the small drop zones