Enter to send with messages on M3.2

Enter to send with messages on M3.2

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

I believe that on M3.2 with messages the interface changed that when writing a message the 'enter' key is used to send the message.  This is driving me nuts!  It means that you can't easily write paragraphed messages.  On similar systems (like Facebook) there is usually a tick box to disable it.  This makes messaging horrible and in my opinion un-usable.  I've searched for a Moodle Tracker (both MDL and MDLSITE) but cannot find one.  Has this been raised before?  If not then I'll raise an issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Enter to send with messages on M3.2

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gareth,

Like you, i'd like to have an option to (not) send the message just after "Enter" as been used.

I suspect most people (non technical) just don't know they can use Ctrl + Enter to make a new line...

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers

Agree, Gareth. The issue that Tim linked to is related, but not quite the problem you are raising. I would recommend raising an issue. Let me know if you don't have time, and I can do it.

In reply to Michael Woods

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Michael,

I've re-read the issue - MDL-57419 - and I think there is ambiguity, so will comment on it.