How can I publish webspace

How can I publish webspace

by Beat Bürgi -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everybody

Since a few days I'm trying moodle and I am fire and flame. Now I am searching for webspace to publish it, being sure that all features work online.

Does anybody know a free or cheap server for this purpose?

Thanks for Tipps

Beat

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beat Bürgi

Re: How can I publish webspace

by Steve Edwards -

I don't know if we are allowed to blow our own trumpets here. I do have a small interest in www.totalqualityhosting.com who have served me pretty well.  I think they are good value at US$50 per year for educational use and double that for commercial.

http://www.totalqualityhosting.com/edpricing.html

You may find cheaper elsewhere, I don't know if you will get the same value.

Steve

In reply to Steve Edwards

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Recommendations are fine, but let's keep them in the servers forum ... I'll move this thread there.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Timothy Takemoto -

If you can speak Japanese there is a free php Mysql server at
http://www.xrea.com/
I am not sure that it will run Moodle but it runs various CMS, such as LDU, Xoops and the nukes.
You only get 50M so you may be advised to remove the languages and modules that you don't need. But then again who speaks Japanese?
I would be interested to know of any other free Mysql opportunities, since I would like to offer other teachers a test moodle installation.
Tim
Timothy Takemoto

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Beat Bürgi -

Sorry, I have not yet the overview over all forums.

By the way Martin: Never worked with database sites and php before. In two weeks I was able to publish a little site a page in construction www.o-le.ch

Thanks very much for moodle and this great forums

Beat