Assessments in Moodle

Assessments in Moodle

by Leandra Khoury -
Number of replies: 5

Hi

I am setting up a course in Moodle.  The student has to complete a SCORM course (developed using Storyline 2) before they can complete the assessment.  There is no results slide in the SCORM package.

My client wants it so that Moodle records the SCORM package as complete and when this has been met, then the assessment will be availble. I have set up the Restrict Access to be like this, but it isn't working.

I am not sure if this is relevant, but the client has download the free Moodle Cloud version just for testing before we set up a proper Moodle LMS.

Are the settings I have used correct?  Are there additional settings in Moodle or Articualte that I need to change?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leandra Khoury

Re: Assessments in Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Leandra. Hopefully you will get a useful answer to your question soon. Just to  let you know I moved it into the SCORM forum as I felt it was more suited to here and sent you a message about your other posts.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Leandra Khoury -

Hi Mary

I am not sure this is the right place as it has more to do with showing the assessment once the SCORM has been completed by the user.  Hopefully someone can assist me.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What is the completion condition for the SCORM package? Do they have to view it for it to be marked complete? In what way is the restrict access and activity completion not working? When you say there is no results slides in the SCORM package - do you mean you DO want there to be results and you do want Moodle to record a grade, or are you simply using the SCORM package for presenting information? I'm not familiar with Articulate Storyline 2 so I suggest also looking for support with Articulate - (I found one such issue here)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Leandra Khoury -

Hi Mary

The user has to view the SCORM module to be marked complete.  When I published, I marked it to be completed. I mean there are no quizzes just information.  No I am not looking for results or reporting.

All I want is that when the user has viewed the SCORM package, then they are able to access the Quizz which I set up on Moodle Cloud.  At the moment the SCORM is ticked off as viewed in Moodle Cloud, but the opening of the quiz is not being activated.  That is why I think it is a Moodle cloud problem and not a SCORM problem.

by Mary Cooch -

So can you please post the Restrict access settings in your quiz as a screenshot so we can take a look?

I went to my own MoodleCloud site and added a test SCORM package from https://moodle.net/. I set it so that students had to view it for it to  be marked complete. I then added a quiz and restricted the access of the quiz so that it was available only once the SCORM package had been marked as complete.

I then logged in with a test user account and it did work as expected - so let's see if we can replicate this on your MoodleCloud site.