Activate plugins

Activate plugins

by Skule Sormo -
Number of replies: 3

Plugins are not activated after being installed. I cannot find any way of doing that. What is that done?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Skule Sormo

Re: Activate plugins

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

After installing a plugin you need to go to Notifications in the Site administration to complete the installation.

You can view a list of all installed plugins in Plugins overview in the Site administration. Please see the documentation Installing plugins for more details.

In reply to Helen Foster

Svar: Re: Activate plugins

by Skule Sormo -

In ‘Plugins overview’ plugins are shown with their Availabilities, Enabled or Disabled.  When a plugin is disabled, there is no option to enable it, as far as I have learned.  For example, I installed a plugin called Record Audio (repository_recordaudio). This was not enabled in the Plugins overview. I cannot find any way to enable it. How is that done?

The module onlineaudio (assignsubmission_onlineaudio) is also disabled after installation. There a 'Uninstall' options appear. When that is applied, the computer hangs, and returning back to Plugin overview the module is still there. There is no way to remove a disabled module either. 

I am running the latest version of Moodle (3.2.1+) on a Centos7 server, all modules updated to the latest versions.

In reply to Skule Sormo

Re: Svar: Re: Activate plugins

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What method did you use to install each of the plugins? Neither one of the two plugins you mention have versions listed as being compatible with Moodle 3.2.1+, but both do seem to install and work.

Record Audio is listed for 3.0 and lower, but it does seem to work okay without giving any errors or warnings. For Record Audio (repository_recordaudio), did you go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage repositories and set Record Audio to Enabled and visible?

The module online audio recording (assignsubmission_onlineaudio) is listed for Moodle 3.1 and lower. It installs without any problems but when a student makes a recording, views the assignment after recording, and when they submit a recording, if debugging is on and in developer mode, there will be a warning, "The third parameter sent to the function set_callback_options should be the component name, not a file path, please update this." The teacher will see the same warning when they view the Grading page.