Full Statistics Report is getting wrong numbers

Full Statistics Report is getting wrong numbers

by Anis Jradah -
Number of replies: 5

Dear All,

While checking a quiz statistics that has 102 attempts (only one attempt is allowed for the student), the analysis of responses is getting very weird numbers [70+32+4=106!! attempts counts]. This is confusing the instructors.

example:
Option 1    0.00%    70    68.63%
option 2    0.00%    0    0.00%
option 3    100.00%    32    31.37%
option 4    0.00%    4    3.92%
[No response]    0.00%    0    0.00%

This info is shown when we use "Download full report as HTML Table".

We are using Moodle 3.1.3+ (Build: 20161215).

Please advise.

Thank you for your continuous help and support.

Best regards,

Anis

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anis Jradah

Re: Full Statistics Report is getting wrong numbers

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What is the question behavior for the quiz?  Is it possible that there were some preview attempts included in the report?  Have any students recently been unenrolled?

Tim might be able to verify if the statistics reports pulls preview attempts as well...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Anis Jradah -

Dear Emma,

Thank you for your reply.

The questions are MCQs and no student was un-enrolled.

Also, instructors preview the quiz several times before the quiz. [it is the first time I know that preview attempts are included in the statistics! ].

Moreover, I re-accessed the same report and it gave correct data (102 attempts)!

Kindly check the images of the same question, where one showing wrong statistics and the other is showing correct statistics.

Thank you for your continuous help.

Best regards,

Anis

Attachment PPS3 Q2 R.PNG
Attachment PPS3 Q2 W.PNG
In reply to Anis Jradah

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What is the question behavior selected?  From your quiz settings?  I ask this because some question behaviors allow for multiple attempts within the question, regardless of the attempts setting for the quiz.

I don't think Previews are included - just throwing out ideas...

If it is working now, perhaps something funky going on in the database.  Not sure about your pictures.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Previews are definitely not included in the statistics.

Since a few versions ago, question behaviours that allow multiple tries (adaptive, interactive with multiple tries) show all tries in the response analysis, but I think there is an option in the report to control that.

There may be an issue with mutliple enrolments: There might be an issues similar to MDL-57511 in the statistics report, also caused by the MDL-27072 changes. This only happens if a user is enrolled in the course using two different methods.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Anis Jradah -

Dear Emma,
Dear Tim,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry i forgot to include the question behavior in my previous reply.

We always use: deferred feedback with one attempt allowed only.

Moreover, for this course students are only enrolled using LDAP (none were added manually to the course).

Thank you for your continuous help.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,

Anis