Error: Activity deletion in progress...

Error: Activity deletion in progress...

by darrel espino -
Number of replies: 9

Good day! I have a problem in deleting this assignment activity. I'm not sure if I change something in the assignment settings. I try to delete the assignment and it says "not available unless: you get an appropriate score in course total" then i tried to change the assignment setting "Edit Setting" but it keeps on saying that " Activity deletion in progress... " Please help me to remove this activity. Thank you! 

Also is there any possibilities the i can remove the "All courses" link located in the bottom part of the front page. I dont want the users to see others courses. thanks again. (highlighted by green circle)

please see attached.

p1

p2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to darrel espino

Re: Error: Activity deletion in progress...

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

It my be that unless you are deleting the activity as an Admin, you are not going to get an appropriate response. Only ever happened to me once and I still don't know why, teacher couldn't delete an assignment activity but I, as an admin, could. No idea why...mixed

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by darrel espino -

Thank you Sir. But I am using an admin account and I cannot delete the said activity.

by Muhammad Asif -

Hi, go to Site Administration -> Notifications and run cron.php

It will resolve the issue.

Thank you.

In reply to Muhammad Asif

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Darrel,

As Muhammad says, the cron needs to run to resolve the problem. You actually need to make sure that the cron runs every minute, as it is responsible for asynchronous activity deletion when using the Recycle bin.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Rainer Schaufelberger -

Hi

I think I have the same problem. I can't delete any resource or activity with a restriction set. Every course is affected.

Another phenomenon is that after the deletion of an activity or resource without a restriction set there is no recycle bin. (Or is empty when you change the admin setting)

At the moment I don't know what to do next.

Rainer

In reply to Rainer Schaufelberger

by Muhammad Asif -

Hi Rainer,

Have you tried running the cron manually? (https://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Cron)

Have you tried clearing the cash? --> "Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches".

by Rainer Schaufelberger -

I found the problem - it was a plugin that caused the problem. I ran cron manually and found an error. Unfortunately I didn't make a print screen and I don't want to install the plugin again.

So I need to find out when I have more time how plugins really work. Where you could run into problems. I found out that the plugin created a record in mdl_config_plugins, mdl_modules and mdl_course_moduls. I have to do more investigations.

Thanks, Rainer

by darrel espino -

Thank you! How do I run the cron.php?  I have no knowledge about cron in moodle. Ive already installe the cron but i odnt know how to activate/open it. appreciated if  I get some step-by-step procedure in setting up the cron. Thank you very much smile

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Please see the documentation Cron for details of how to set it up on your system.