Make Earning a Badge a little bit more exciting

Re: Make Earning a Badge a little bit more exciting

by Andrew Barrett -
Number of replies: 2

Thanks Caio,

Yes, we also use Level Up too for more frequent recognition of level's input. The badges are somewhat more difficult to earn and as such serve a somewhat different purpose. 

I'm wondering if there are enough people who think this is something that would make sense for moodle HQ to consider? Or if there is enough interest from others to collaborate on the development of such a plugin perhaps. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Andrew Barrett

by Elton LaClare -

Hello,

I agree with what has been said here about the lack of fanfare behind receiving a badge in Moodle. Recently I've noticed that many of my students are not even aware that they have earned badges. I think this is because a lot of them are now using the Moodle Mobile app, which doesn't support the Latest Badges block. Looking through the Moodle Tracker, I spotted this issue (MOBILE-2203) which raises the topic being discussed here. The issue mentions something like a pop-up when the badge is first earned as well as a way to display earned badges (or at least some of them) on the new dashboard/course overview page. Although the ideas are being pitched to the Moodle Mobile developers specifically, casting a vote for this issue is probably a good way of bringing this concern to the attention of Moodle HQ. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Elton LaClare

by John Doubleday -

Excellent Elton,

The more people into using badges should Vote for this addition. Thank you for posting.