Broken Image Link under User Profiles

Broken Image Link under User Profiles

by john mcgarvey -
Number of replies: 2

First off I installed moodle this weekend and I am very excited about it's capitabilities. Everything seems to work great until I tried to change my image under my profile. All that appears is red x broken image link. I created a dummy student account and the default happy face image appears.

I have spent the day reading old discussion group postings and following the advice given by other posters with no success.

1. First, I checked that GD is installed under the admin variables and it says GD 1.x is installed.
  2. Next, I changed flash arguments to file.php?file=/pic.jpg.  (Didn't work)
  3. I then double checked my permissions. My moodledata folder is one level up from my web folder. I telnetted and chmod to 755. I even can see the files inside the folder.
  4. When I look at the html code, it looks like the relative link path is incorrect. Where would I change that?

What am I missing? Any suggestions. Is there any reason to believe this will effect other parts of moodle?

Thanks for your time.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to john mcgarvey

Re: Broken Image Link under User Profiles

by Ferlin Scarborough -

John,

Did you check to be sure that in the config.php file the variable:

$CFG->dataroot

was correctly set?

Later.

Ferlin Scarborough

In reply to Ferlin Scarborough

Re: Broken Image Link under User Profiles

by john mcgarvey -
Ferlin,
Thanks for the reply.
It looks like the variable is set correctly. Moodle seems to be able to save files into the directory. I can see the image file in the following folder

moodledata/users/1/f1.jpg

I have also added other resources to my course which moodle saves into this directory which I can access.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks for the time.