Lesson Activity :- Insert a link to video

Lesson Activity :- Insert a link to video

oleh Kevin Leliard -
Jumlah balasan: 3

Hi,

I'm trying to have a link  to a youtube video that students have the option to click on to watch -  

The catch is I want to show just the link that will open in another window. 

When I save my lesson the actual video is shown in my lesson and not just the link.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

Regards

Kevin

Rata-rata penilaian: -
Sebagai balasan Kevin Leliard

Re: Lesson Activity :- Insert a link to video

oleh AL Rachels -
Gambar dari Core developers Gambar dari Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar dari Plugin developers Gambar dari Testers

The trick is in how you do it. Instead of using the Media toolbutton to add the video, use the Link toolbutton. Copy the whole YouTube video link, go to the spot on the lesson page where you want the link to appear, click the editor Link toolbutton, paste in the link you copied, put a checkmark in the checkbox for Open in new window, then finish up by clicking Create link. You should then have a URL on the Lesson page.

Sebagai balasan AL Rachels

oleh Kevin Leliard -

Thanks for the reply - I tried this, after I click create link its shown as a link exactly as I need and expect. But when I save the page it turns it back into a window with the video in it.

Screen shot 1  just shows the link 

Screen shot 2  back to showing the video after saving sedih

Using Safari on an apple mack any ideas.  

I have also noticed that the colour / clear formatting buttons don't seem to work on the editor either - is this a bug maybe?

Lampiran Screenshot 2017-01-23 22.33.26.png
Lampiran Screenshot 2017-01-23 22.34.04.png
Sebagai balasan Kevin Leliard

oleh AL Rachels -
Gambar dari Core developers Gambar dari Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar dari Plugin developers Gambar dari Testers

Which version of Moodle are you using? Possibly, there is a filter that is causing this to happen. Depending on your Moodle version, you can enter edit mode for the lesson, then click the Filters link under Administration. Look and see which filters are on and experiment with turning off Convert URLS into links and images, Multimedia plugins, and if you have them, PoodLL Filter, Generico, Video Easy, Streaming media filter (RTMP). I suspect