add new block in front page

add new block in front page

by com cen -
Number of replies: 8

hi ... how can i add new block in moodle frontpage , my moodle is 3.1?

thanks for helping me 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to com cen

Re: add new block in front page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

If you are logged in as an admin, you should see a 'Customise this page' button top right. Click it and an 'Add a block' menu will appear (usually on the left).

In reply to Helen Foster

by com cen -

sorry but i need to add block in frontpage specifically , i know thses steps to add new block in dashbord , is that right ???

i want to add block before log in .

thanks for your reply 

In reply to com cen

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The steps I mentioned are for adding a block to the dashboard or to the front page / site home. However if you have Force users to log in (forcelogin) set to Yes, then the first page people see is the login page. It is not possible to add blocks to this page, though you can customise the 'Is this your first time here?' instructions as described in the documentation Managing authentication.

In reply to Helen Foster

by com cen -

THANKS VERY MUCH ....

so i extract from your repy that i cannot add new block  in frontpage which it is the page for whole site that's appear before login like this for example : (with moodle 3.1)

In reply to com cen

by Helen Foster -

Your screenshot shows the front page / site home, not the login page. You can certainly add a new block to this page.

In reply to Helen Foster

by com cen -

how please ?????

the method that you explained in first reply added a bolck in my dashboard ( after login ) not in the  screenshot shown

please can you sumarized in steps ??

thanks and waiting for your help 

In reply to com cen

by Helen Foster -
  1. Log in as admin.

2. You should see an Administration block.

1. It contains a link 'Turn editing on'. Click this link.

2. You should then see an 'Add a block' menu.

PS In a previous post I mentioned about a 'Customise this page' button. This is only in Moodle 3.2, and not in 3.1. Sorry for the confusion.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by com cen -

thank you very very much Helel .....