Plugins Missing From Disk After Upgrade To 3.2.1

Plugins Missing From Disk After Upgrade To 3.2.1

by Flameater Flameater -
Number of replies: 2

For those who are pondering about it is, I would advise to be well prepared before upgrading to 3.2.1. Have your backups ready! I have just upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2.1 and it has not been a smooth experience with plugins, theme ... 

Having mentioned that. I have a number of plugins marked as Missing From Disk despite having copied them over from the backups to the mods folder (for the modules). Take a look at the screenshot below. On the one hand Moodle is reporting that the plugins are missing from disk, and on the other hand FTP is showing that the files are there on disk. Furthermore all possible backups have been carried out to the latest.

Anyone has any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you.

Plugins Missing From Disk Although They Are Not Missing

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Flameater Flameater

Re: Plugins Missing From Disk After Upgrade To 3.2.1

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would suggest recopying them - what is the question mark icon on the folders?  Also, check permissions.

In reply to Flameater Flameater

Re: Plugins Missing From Disk After Upgrade To 3.2.1

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The Window on the left of screen shot shows an error ... terminated.   When was that?  

The directories might be there but are there any files/subfolders in those directories?

So you've used FTP to upload ... was that done in binary mode and recursive?

As Emma suggested, might check ownerships/permissions and, if you need to, re-upload.

'spirit of sharing', Ken