Configuring Safe Exam Browser

Configuring Safe Exam Browser

by Jason Touw -
Number of replies: 1

I have read the Moodle Docs page for SEB, which is not particularly descriptive with the use of the allowed browser keys.  I understand that to force SEB, I must enter the Allowed Browser keys into the quiz set up.

Where do the Allowed browser keys come from?  What I am doing now is copying the string from this page and pasting it into the quiz:

...and then I am pasting this string into my quiz set up here:

Well, this works fine when I attempt the quiz, but for any other user it seems that they each have their own key to SEB when they logon to their own workstation, and that key changes every time they log on to a different computer.  Additionally, students would obviously not have access to the setup screen for a quiz to paste their own key.

I am running Moodle 3.1.1+

What am I missing?  How do I force SEB for a quiz without having to set up a key for each workstation?

Thank you to anyone that can shed some light on this!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Touw

Re: Configuring Safe Exam Browser

by Hugo Ribeiro -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

HI there,

Been experimenting SEB myself and you need to have the SEB file delivered to your students. 

They need to access the quiz from that file (it has the authorized key) and don't forget to add a different key for Mac users. 

I find it a little picky (maybe my mistake) but please look into SEB manual and forum if needed.

Cheers,