After upgrading, postsize & upload_max_filesize changed back

After upgrading, postsize & upload_max_filesize changed back

by Teju Yedla -
Number of replies: 2

Hi we just upgraded from 3.1.1 to Moodle 3.1.2 (Build: 20160912),we had changed  in config.php file for upload_max_filesize and post_max_size to 500mb in early ,but after upgrading to latest it changed back to 32mb and its not allowing to change any file in config, like before.Even it changes in config file when i root from winscp and restarted the server after saving ,it remains same in phpinfo in moodle admin page.

-PHP Version 5.6.28

-Synology server

-Maria DB

-moodle version 3.1.2 (Build: 20160912).

Can anyone please get me through is problem.

Thank you

Attachment Untitled.png
Attachment Untitled1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teju Yedla

Re: After upgrading, postsize & upload_max_filesize changed back

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Don't use a Synology box myself,  but aren't they sorta like an e-Smith ... in that they are locked down tight?  You might have to consult Synology forums/FAQ's etc. if the suggestion below doesn't work.

According to the php info image the php.ini file to edit is in
/usr/local/etc/php56/.    It's in php.ini  that one normally fines the settings you seek.   Editing that php.ini will require the apache service to be restarted.

Don't think using such settings in config.php  of Moodle will have any affect on PHP ... matter of fact, kinda surprised Moodle hasn't hicked up if you have added lines to config.php of the moodle code  meant for php.ini. ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: After upgrading, postsize & upload_max_filesize changed back

by Teju Yedla -

Hello Mr Ken,

Thank you very much, i got through.