Cohort sync and Cohort manual enrolment

Cohort sync and Cohort manual enrolment

by Seguis Com -
Number of replies: 4

We are currently using moodle 3.1. 

We use cohort sync to enrol our participants into our courses. This works really well. Unfortunately, one of our administrators accidentally enrolled some cohorts manually rather than via Cohort sync. If we activated cohort sync in those courses, can we delete the manual enrolments and not affect the participants activity history in these courses? This is the first week of the training session, and we were lucky to pick up the mistake quite early, so we are hoping it won't affect the participants too much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Seguis Com

Re: Cohort sync and Cohort manual enrolment

by Seguis Com -

Just answering my own query. Yes, this actually works well and does not affect cohort sync enrolments, or student activity history.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Seguis Com

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I really dislike this feature - my users have done it too despite me changing the screen to say DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING FROM THIS BOX and then the only way to quickly fix it that I can see is to delete every manual enrollment and then figure out which individual users they wanted to enrol in the first place and reenroll them.

We really should have the option to disable the cohort option in the manual enrollments.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

We did it using CSS on one of our clients sites - I think this is what we used:

.uep-controls .uep-entity-selector {
display: none;
}

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Sean Rugge -

This might be theme specific but we ran into this issue and used

div#fitem_id_cohortlist {display: none;}