Eguru Theme: Changing courses list to tiles

Eguru Theme: Changing courses list to tiles

by Natalie Shelyago -
Number of replies: 6

Hi All,

Can you please guide me? I have Moodle 3.01 and Eguru theme installed. My courses list looks like this

and I'd like the courses list to look like this https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=335826#p1353450 , or this 

But there's no such option in the Site settings - Appearance - Themes - Eguru settings.

Is there any way to change this output with CSS? Or will I have to change the renderer? Where do I start?

Thanks in advance!

Natalie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Natalie Shelyago

Re: Eguru Theme: Changing courses list to tiles

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The course category tile code is in the Essential theme.  Being GPLv3 you're free to copy and adapt it.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Natalie Shelyago -

Gareth,

Thanks for reminding me. Can you please guide me as where to copy it from and to?

I'd be awfully grateful!

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Natalie,

I know the Essential theme but not the Eguru theme.  This is a big job and I don't have the time, sorry.

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Natalie Shelyago -

It's OK, thanks for your time! 

Some googling led me to the link https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=234506#p1187903, describing the necessary core_course_renderer.php file. I'll try further researching, please don't mind me asking some additional questions, in case they occur )

Regards,

Natalie

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Natalie,

No problem.  As I said, I'm sorry but I'm busy (with maintaining the Essential theme itself) so won't have time to answer the questions.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by bilel Benziane -

Are there any news concerning your problem? cause i have the same problem.