When I click on ADD A BLOCK – the list is short. How can I add more enabled blocks?

When I click on ADD A BLOCK – the list is short. How can I add more enabled blocks?

by Zhivko Z -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

When I click on ADD A BLOCK – the list is short, although I have many enabled blocks in Manage Blocks.

For example,  both, Course Completion block and Course Completion Report are allowed/enabled for Manager, Teacher and Student in:

·       Course Permissions

·       Manage Blocks

·       Plugins Overview – Blocks

However:

1.       Student doesn’t see neither Course Completion Report not Course Completion Block

2.       Admin sees Course Completion Report under Course Reports, but cannot add the Course Completion Block

3.       Course completion Block is not on the list when Admin clicks on ADD A BLOCK

Would you please help?

Thanks

Moodle 3.1.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zhivko Z

Re: When I click on ADD A BLOCK – the list is short. How can I add more enabled blocks?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Is Course completion enabled in the course? If not, then students won't see the course completion block.

Admins should see all blocks in the 'Add a block' menu unless the block has already been added to the course page. Thus, please double-check whether the course completion block is on the course page, perhaps hidden?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: When I click on ADD A BLOCK – the list is short. How can I add more enabled blocks?

by Zhivko Z -

Thank you Helen!

It suddenly started to work. However, I set up a Required Course grade – 80.000, thinking that this would be a %. However, it counts the number of correct answers instead… So, for 20 correct answers out of 25 -  the student gets a grade of 20 instead of 80 (%). This is Ok, but it can be confusing for students.

Does it have to deal with Marks (max grade) on the Questions? I had set them up as 1 mark (max grade) per question. If I change it to 4 marks, so 25 question would make 100% - should that work? It is not going to mess my quiz settings, correct? Or is it possible to make the required grade in Completion Report in percent?

Thanks a lot again.

In reply to Zhivko Z

Re: Course completion with grade condition

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry I don't have much experience of course completion. All I know is what is written in the documentation on Course completion "Please note that course grade in Completion status is looking at total of points (rawgrade) rather than a percentage."

Thus it seems like changing your quiz questions so that 25 questions would make 100% is a good plan. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)