modified role should not display in list

modified role should not display in list

by Abu Ali -
Number of replies: 2

hi dear friends !

i have defined or modified some roles in moodle but all these roles are displaying while enrolling a student in a course. as i have given the picture below one manager role is also displaying there. now my question is that i want to display only, teachers, non-editing teacher and student only. how can I get the said task.

thanks

Attachment pic.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abu Ali

Re: modified role should not display in list

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

On the 'Define roles' page (where you created the new role in the first place) there are a number of tabs. The second one is 'Allow role assignments' - this lets you set which roles can set which other roles (if you see what I mean). So, if you don't want (say) Teachers to assign your new role you can set it there.

Also, on the 'Editing role' page for your role, near the top is 'Context types where this role may be assigned'. So, if (for example) you *never* want this role to appear in course assignments you can de-select Course in that list of contexts.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: modified role should not display in list

by Abu Ali -

Thanks dear Howard Miller.

Yes I got it according to your instruction and sorry for late reply because i was busy in other works.

thanks a lot.