eGuru theme for Moodle 3.2?

eGuru theme for Moodle 3.2?

by Thierry Millère -
Number of replies: 13

Does anyone know if eGuru is/will be updated for Moodle 3.2?

I tried to get in touch with the authors, couldn't reach their website, then could access it and sent an email but never got an answer... then can't reach their website anymore again... 

Does anyone have information about that update?

Thanks,

Thierry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thierry Millère

Re: eGuru theme for Moodle 3.2?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It should still work in 3.2 as it is based on Bootstrapbase theme and NOT Boost theme. So all should be OK.  My advice is test it and see?

by Gonzalo Santos -

i install eguru in moodle 3.2.2 and not see errors for now

How did it go to you?

In reply to Gonzalo Santos

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There should be no difference other than there are a few errors in the code which I may try to fix if people are interested.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Thierry Millère -
I am, indeed, interested, Mary!  

I'd sure use work with 3.2 if I was sure eGuru theme works with it. But the fact is I have never been able to get in touch with the theme author to figure out if it was compatible.

Do yo use that theme too?

Thierry

by Mary Evans -

I have the eguru theme I have used it when testing it occasionally if people need something code to fix something. There are some errors in the settings.php which need fixing.There is nothing stopping you adding it to your Moodle site and then turn on the Allow theme change in URL which is a setting in the Appearance > Themes > Theme settings page about halfway down that page. Then all you do then is go to the frontpage and type:

?theme=eguru  

At the end of your site's URL in the address bar.

https://yoursiteurl/?theme=eguru

In reply to Mary Evans

by Yana Konstantinovsky -

Hi Mary, How are you ?

As there is no answer from the eguru theme developer i was wondering if you can help.

I installed eguru on Moodle 3.2.2+ (Build: 20170421) - i didn't get any errors, but i was wondering if you can tell if there is a way to integrate the notification and messages icons on the nav-bar ? 

Thank you!

In reply to Gonzalo Santos

by Thierry Millère -

I never switched to 3.2 , I thought there would be issues that I didn't have time and didn't want  to deal with. So I work with 3.1.

You had no issue at all having eGuru under 3.2?  Cuz in that case I'd switch to it as there seem to be some nice advantages in terms of functionalities...

Hi Thierry, 

Was wondering if you can help me out...
I've installed eguru on moodle 3.2 but i'm unable to see the notification and messages icons on the nav bar.
Can you check and see if they are visible in your installation.

Thank you!

In reply to Yana Konstantinovsky

by Thierry Millère -

Hi, sorry for the dealy.

I'm on Moodle 3.1, so I'm not able to help, sorry about that.

T.

In reply to Yana Konstantinovsky

by Tom Van 't Zand -

Hey Yana,

Did you ever got an answer to this question? I've got the same problem, not getting notifactions in this theme. 

Thank You!

In reply to Tom Van 't Zand

by Mary Evans -

This theme has not been updated so will not work correctly in Moodle 3.2 

In reply to Tom Van 't Zand

Hi Tom,

I was able to make some adjustments in the php and css files and i have the message and notification area displayed.

I don't remember exactly what i've changed as it was a few months ago.

i might be able to check it a bit later though.