Comparisons and advocacy

How can i start online teaching instituite

Picture of Rao Khurram Shahzad
How can i start online teaching instituite

I want to start online teaching platform. For this purpose i need LMS who is best and helpful for me. I have found many of vendors who are providing good services. like wiziq, NEO and many others. I have contacted to wiziq and i found them in low price as compare to other. When i checked reviews about wiziq many were complaining there bad services.

kindly give me your valuable suggestions to select the reliable vendor/services provider.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Marcus Green
Re: How can i start online teaching instituite
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters
I recommend you get a free MoodleCloud account. There are some limatations but it is an excellent way of working out if Moodle will do what you want. You may as well get a trial Wiziq account as well just to see what it is like. I have seen the name around a great deal but I have not seen people complain about it.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Picture of Dave Perry
Particularly helpful MoodlersTesters

We tried Wiziq a few years ago - it seemed to be Adobe's cloud-based conferencing system with a skin on top basically.

I say tried as we gave up with it - the audio/video/screensharing features were an issue for us, as we have a rather cumbersome (read PITA) proxy system called Websense + a firewall which only works on IPs not DNS. And our admin for these systems couldn't figure out what holes to unblock to make all the features work.

Plus (like other places) there was the question of money...

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
moi!!! it is what is is...
Documentation writersParticularly helpful Moodlers

As Marcus suggested, for a taste, try Moodlecloud. This way you can get a feel for Moodle. For AV I have been using .mp4 (and .mp3 files, for audio), and that has been successful across platforms, as well as directly linking to Kahn Academy/MathBFF/others on YouTube. I am sure others would say there are better formats and techniques, but they work for me. Screen sharing though, mmmm collaborative file sharing on Google Apps, has been trialled, but I can't claim successfully with some students. You might want to try Office365 as a workaround here, but then I am likely not getting the real intent of what you would call "screensharing"  Or would BigBlueButton be what you are looking for?

Moodle will help if you can provide your own servers, which does cost, but there are Moodle Partners, which also cost, but these costs can be reasonable, with some negotiation and clever management. There are some cheaper providers, but you are not really likely to get the service that you may need/want, you might, but then again.... You get what you pay for, really.    

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Re: Moodle in English: Re: How can i start online teaching instituite

Thank you Dave Perry for gave me your valuable time. 

(Edited by Mary Cooch  to remove text pasted from email reply- original submission Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 11:28 AM)

Re: Moodle in English: Re: How can i start online teaching instituite

Thank you so much Marcus Gree

(Edited by Mary Cooch to remove text pasted from email reply - original submission Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 11:26 AM)