Marking Page Much Too Narrow

Re: Marking Page Much Too Narrow

by Paul Troop -
Number of replies: 4

Does anybody have any other thoughts? Anything that can be done? I have another series of marking to do, and it is very frustrating having to do it like this.

In reply to Paul Troop

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I agree that it is very irritating for even average-sized rubrics. I added the following CSS as a customisation to the Essential theme to get around this problem.

/* Grading for rubrics  - make the KDSC marking rubric table wide for tutors to use */
.path-mod-assign .fullwidth[data-region="grade-panel"] [data-region="grade"] { max-width:none;}

Unfortunately if you don't have administration rights, you cannot edit the customisation, but you could always ask the administrators to add it in.

If that doesn't work, and you are feeling brave, you could try opening your browser developer window (Firefox link), and adding the line in the "{ } Style Editor" tab (in Firefox). This overrides the default theme setting, and works while you have the developer window open. 

Presumably it is just as irritating for students when reviewing their marks, so the following CSS fixes the issue for them.

/* Make the grade rubric wide for students to see it better */
.gradingform_rubric: width: 1300px;

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Paul Troop -

Thanks Eoin! I'll send this to the administrators and see if anybody can implement this change. I'll keep you posted on what they say!

by Paul Troop -

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, IT have added the code suggested, but it has had no effect. Here is their response:

'Hi Paul,
I have tried to add the additional CSS you suggested; unfortunately it has no effects.

Best wishes'

With typical helpfulness, they have closed the sorry request!

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

by Michael Zwahlen -

Hi Eoin

Thanks a lot for your solution. I'm using essential-theme. Only in combination with the following post I found a work-around for this topic.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=359218#p1453168

Cause this is a very important task for all of the teachers, I like to ask if there is a solution where we can use the "splitScreen" even more flexible (allways full width of rubric) ?

Or how to reactivate the buttons at the bottom? Or buttons for 1:4 or 4:1 ratio of the windows?

The Usability is key when Teachers have to review the assignments for the students. And the "Rubric - pdf-marking" is a real USP for Moodle-LMS compared to OneNote or other LMS.

Thank you very much for your help.