IMS Common Cartridge Backup Fails

IMS Common Cartridge Backup Fails

by Chick Beckley -
Number of replies: 5

We are trying to Backup a course in Moodle 2.3.2 using the IMS Common Cartridge so it can be imported into Canvas. We select the IMS CC checkbox in the backup window and proceed. The backup fails giving the message: "You must install fileinfo extension!"

We have searched the the Forums and can not seem to find a fix to this issue. We have IMS Content Package enabled.

The file type that is created by default in the backup name is .mbz. We have tried changing it to .zip and .imscc with no luck. We get the message, "The filename you enter must be a ZIP file and have the .mbz extension"

Any help anyone can offer backing up a Moodle course for import into Canvas will be appreciated.

- Chick Beckley

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chick Beckley

Re: IMS Common Cartridge Backup Fails

by Jeff Busha -

Ever get this resolved? 

I'm trying to export to Common Cartridge format, and system hangs -- no error message or timeout -- just stops with the following line @ top of screen

1. Initial settings / ► 2. Schema settings / ► 3. Confirmation and review / ► 4. Perform backup / ► 5. Complete

Never gets to "Schema Settings" option.

In reply to Chick Beckley

by Angel Vander Steeg -

Did you ever find a resolve for your issue?

I am getting the same error.

Thanks, Angel

In reply to Angel Vander Steeg

by Jeff Busha -

Angel,

As mentioned in reply above, I discovered server was running out memory.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=70651

Message I found =

It turns out that good old php.ini did the trick. I changed the memory size to 512 and timeout to 600

Good luck -- let me know if you need any more info.

In reply to Jeff Busha

by Angel Vander Steeg -

Thanks Jeff for your response.  Though I was having the same issue as the original post.  I received an error message just before completion. - "You must install fileinfo extension!"

-Angel