Thanks for the reply.
We do use Groups and Groupings on most of our assignments and marker allocation throughout but I think this is an issue at a more granular or process level.
This is an overview of how marking online worked at our Trust using the old Assignment method (we've just upgraded from 2.7 to 3.1). We teach PG Certs, Dips, Masters and Prof Docs validated by the University of Essex and UEL.
- Student submits essay in designated Assignment area. All student submissions are blind - no exceptions.
- Course administrator allocates all essays among markers in Grader table, now much easier as names are visible on blind marking for this role. Marking workflow set to In marking.
- Allocated Marker (role: non-editing teacher) goes into Assignment area, clicks on View All Submissions and sees only the allocated scripts (not all scripts)
- Marker either downloads scripts to mark offline or clicks on individual essay files to open and read.
- Marker selects Grade for an essay, uploads a completed Feedback Sheet (standard for all Trust assignments) and enters a mark/grade. There is no essay annotation at all - no annotated scripts are returned to the students.
- Marker clicks Save and Show Next to upload next feedback file and enter the next Grade. And so on.
Leaving aside the 3.1 PDF viewer and the fact that each essay now downloads into an individual Zip (not sure there's a way around this), we are concerned that step 6 will cause problems in the new interface. Markers will assume the top-right Change user box and arrows will move them to their next allocated script.
Also, our markers are not suitable for using the offline grading worksheet method. We have a pretty basic process here.
As it is now, they need to ignore the Change user box, click on the assignment name (top left), click on View all submissions and then Grade the next allocated essay in the list in the table. They need to repeat this for each essay. So I'm trying to see whether we can:
- remove the Change user box or ensure it moves only to the next allocated script. or
- revert to our old 2.7 Assignment interface (this doesn't seem possible).