Main Menu Items in different languages

Main Menu Items in different languages

by Bobby Jourdan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there, I use the Main Menu and have a few items there. The items are simple pages like Contact page and Site requirements pages. The site is in several languages and the content of these pages is created in different languages. All works well with the Multi-language filter.

My question is - how could I translate the names of the Menu items themselves. For instance, I can translate the content of the page that I called Contact, but how do I make that the name of the menu item 'Contact' changes when the user changes the langauge interface.

Thank you in advance

Bobby

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bobby Jourdan

Re: Main Menu Items in different languages

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Unfortunately this is not possible because when you create the page resource, you have to enter some "name" in General tab of this resource. And only in one language you can enter the name.

Regards,

Purnendu

In reply to Purnendu Dash

Re: Main Menu Items in different languages

by Bobby Jourdan -

Hi Purnendu,

Thank you for taking time and replying. Actually, there is a way to have the Main Menu items in several languages. This is what one should use directly in the link of the name. Of course the  Multilingual filter should be active and the respective language packs are installedл

<span lang="en" class="multilang">Discussion Forum</span><span lang="fr" class="multilang">Forum de discussion</span>

Thank you

Bobby