Custom Role - Not Giving Permissions

Custom Role - Not Giving Permissions

by James Richards -
Number of replies: 2

I've spent far too much time trying to make a new custom role to allow supervisors to be able to view completion reports.

I created a new role based off the Manager archetype. In the context I've checked System,User,Category, Course & Activity Module.

Then went through and allowed access to view enrolments, view completion reports, and much in the 21 pages of possible permissions.

It shows that the permissions are good on a system level. I've have also added that role to users at the category and course level and even at the site level. I don't want this role to be able to edit lessons or users. 

When I log in as one of those users and enter a course, then check the permissions they are set to not allow access. There is no Lesson Administration (for access to Overview), no Course Adminstration (for access to Reports/Activity Completion) or Users. 

What could be over riding this? I'm close to learning to do a fresh install and importing all my users/courses into a fresh permission configuration.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Richards

Re: Custom Role - Not Giving Permissions

by James Richards -

Got it. I think it was the Authenticated User that had a lot of settings as Prohibit instead of Prevent. Whew.

In reply to James Richards

Re: Custom Role - Not Giving Permissions

by Ananquel Gómez -

Hello James, I think I have the same problem. I give some administration permissions to a user, but he see denied access advice...

How did you fix it?

Thank you! smile

(My version is 3.2).