Inapp browser auto-login moodle mobile 3.2

Re: Inapp browser auto-login moodle mobile 3.2

by Yusuf Yilmaz -
Number of replies: 5
Hello There,

One thing to note that Site admins cannot use this feature. So be careful to test the feature with a regular user.

Bests

Yusuf

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Yusuf Yilmaz

by Dnyaneshwar Somwanshi -

i didnot understand , what is mean by inappbrowser.

i have some guess 

1. link "Website" in menu (which is by default)

2. link appeared in custom menu if we choose Custom menu items as "InappBrowser" from moodleweb mobile features

3. link appeared in custom menu if we choose Custom menu items as "embedded "from moodleweb mobile features

because neither of three option has autologin feature encountered with me.

i m using MoodleCloud and moodlemobile 3.3.1

clear me if i am wrong

thanks in advance.

In reply to Dnyaneshwar Somwanshi

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

when you create a custom menu item you have 3 options:

1. browser: the page is opened in the system's browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, ...).
  2. inappbrowser: the page is opened in a "popup" (browser embedded in the app). The app opens a new window, like a popup, inside the app itself. You need to close this inappbrowser to be able to use the app again since it overlays the whole app.
  3. embedded: the page is opened inside the app itself, using an iframe. This is not a browser, it's similar to opening a SCORM.
The first 2 options, browser and inappbrowser, support auto-login. The third one, embedded, doesn't support it right now, we have an open issue to fix it:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-2161

Kind regards,

Dani 

In reply to Dani Palou

by Nur Azijah -
Hi, I want to ask, how can I log in automatically to custom menu items for browser and inappbrowser? Regards, Nur
In reply to Nur Azijah

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

the app should try to auto-login you if you open a custom menu item that points to the same site you have in the app, you don't need to do anything special. Please notice auto-login has some limitation, e.g. it doesn't work for admins, the site needs to use https and you need to wait a certain time between auto-login requests for each user.

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Yusuf Yilmaz

by sadaf sadafian -

thank you Yusuf...

note to Admin of moodle can not use this possibility....regular user work for me