Course not completing using SCORM Activity

Course not completing using SCORM Activity

by Jason X -
Number of replies: 4

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm using ZebraZapps to develop SCORM activity packages. These packages are just tutorials with some quizzes in-between. The issue I am having is that the course does not get completed even after setting the conditions of the course to complete whether the activity is completed or any points come over. The points are coming over fine, but the activity never gets completed resulting in the course not getting complete. 

I've spoken to ZebraZapps and they are assuring me through uploading at cloud.scorm.com that the package should result in a complete. I'm at a loss of what to do. I heard this may be an issue with moodle. Has anyone else run into this problem?

See my screenshots attached. They are my course settings in moodle. 

Attachment rev-2.jpg
Attachment rev-3.jpg
Attachment rev-5.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason X

Re: Course not completing using SCORM Activity

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
do you have cron/scheduled tasks running correctly on your site?  - also would be good to verify that activity completion isn't working by checking the activity completion report in the course. I suspect it's just the course completion not working becuase you don't have cron configured and running correctly.
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jason X -

Thanks for the reply. I believe I have cron jobs running fine. Is there a good way to check to see if they have been disabled or not? Also just curious why would cron jobs affect the performance of course completion? i thought cron jobs are just automated scheduled tasks. 

In reply to Jason X

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

a number of different core functions rely on the automated tasks - including course completion. 

you can see the list of scheduled tasks and the last time each was run here:

https://docs.moodle.org/en/Scheduled_tasks

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jason X -

Thanks! Configuring the cron worked!