Duplicate (Copy) course contents with students AND grades

Duplicate (Copy) course contents with students AND grades

by Ago Luberg -
Number of replies: 4

Is it possible to duplicate a course along with ALL its data? All the users, grades, quiz attempts, assignment results etc.

If I backup-restore, I get the contents, but doesn't get the grades/results.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ago Luberg

Re: Duplicate (Copy) course contents with students AND grades

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes - those options are available when you take the backup *if* you have the correct capability. Teachers do not by default. It's thought to be a possible security issue.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Ago Luberg -

I'm doing all this with admin account.

I see the options. I have tried several times with different options. I get all the activities, but don't get the results. I also see all the students. And some how one student out of 118 has all the results restored. I would like all the students with all the results.

I understand that the usual use case is that you want to create a copy of your course for a new semester or year. But I really want to duplicate everything. Basically I want to split up the course. My thought was that I make a copy and then remove some students from one copy and other students from another copy.

If there is a better way to divide students from one course into 2 separate courses, let me know. But I need all the grades and results and history.

In reply to Ago Luberg

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm unsure what's going on then. Is there anything unusual about the enrolment of your students? Are they properly enrolled in the course?

Have you restored with Debugging switched on just in case something nasty is happening?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Ago Luberg -

I'm not sure what was going on. I ended up duplicating few activities a time. That way I managed to duplicate everything.

I will have to do the same with 3 other courses. I can try to debug those if I run into problems.