Windows - MSVCP140.dll Missing

Windows - MSVCP140.dll Missing

by Barry Schell -
Number of replies: 3

Hello Community,

I am attempting a windows setup and I get the following error, "MSVCP140.dll Missing".  I sent it to our tech technician and he re-installed the C++ redistributable, but the error is still showing.  The technician suggested it was a bug within Moodle.   I am new to the moodle setup so any help would be awesome.  I am running,

Moodle 3.2.1 (Windows Installer Package)

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barry Schell

Re: Windows - MSVCP140.dll Missing

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Barry, your technician is not a reliable guy to get things fixed from that is for sure.
regarding DLL files, they have nothing to do with moodle, DLL are operating system files that gets corrupted or deleted (if shared with another application), all you need is get that dll file and place it at appropriate location.

go to https://www.dll-files.com/msvcp140.dll.html

you don't have to download their client, there will be 5-6 versions (32 and 64 bit listed) and choose yours version appropriate weather 32 or 64 bit, and instructions where to put the file will as well be in the zipped file that you'll download.

let me know if problem got fixed.
In reply to Usman Asar

by Barry Schell -

Thank you Sir!  I will attempt your solution and chime back in to let you know how it went.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Barry Schell -

Thank you Usman!  Error corrected.  I dropped the missing DLL file in the moodle "Server" folder.